1. Please ensure both your Senior and Youth squads have a minimum of 20 players. Fine of £2m per player will be charged after Sundays Transfer update. You have been warned!
  2. Please ensure all players in your U21s meet eligibility criteria. Fielding illegible players for the youth team may result in sanctions against the club
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Transfer window is currently Open. Window closes 31st January 2018 at 23:59

Goalkeepers - Potential Changes - VOTE!

Discussion in 'Breaking Game News' started by nocky, Apr 4, 2018.

?

What should we do with GKs?

Poll closed Apr 11, 2018.
  1. Nothing, leave them as they are

52.9%
  2. Reduce them all by a %

41.2%
  3. Impose a cap to ratings

5.9%
  4. Reset GKs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I want a change but think there's a better option. See below:

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nocky

nocky Liverpool Staff Member Senior Administrator Administrator TDE Owner

Credit:
    Ok, as discussed on the previous thread and as raised many time previously, the range of ability across GKs and their potential for improvement is massive and creates a big gap within the game. Hopefully the changes already announced will address a large part of this as there is no ideal way to fix it. However, there are some potential things we can do.

I would like to stress that the first option in this vote is to do nothing. Please don't feel that just because we're discussing it, you have to vote for change. It is fine to carry on as we are.

But some other suggested options:

1. Reduce all GKs by 20%. So Cech (currently 34r 93 abs) becomes 27r 274 abs. This reduces the range between the top 31 GKs from 8 stats 686 abs to 6 stats 949 abs so basically by 1.5 stats

2. Impose a cap on GK ratings. Set a limit that GKs can't get past (to be reviewed frequently). Compensate the teams with these rated gks with abs to allocate elsewhere

3. Reset GKs. Every GK on the game is effectively removed at, e.g. adjusted ATM price. The club receives that much money into a ring fenced pot for a one off auction of re-rated GKs. You cannot add cash to that pot but, if you end up underspending, you can take leftover cash into your main cash pot.

Some of these are drastic and hard to run but if chosen we'll make them work. Like I say, it is fine to do nothing. I'm going to add another option as well which will be to make a change but none of these. All I ask is, if you vote for this, you add your suggestion in the thread and we can discuss / vote on that as well. Someone may have a brilliant idea that we haven't thought of.

Ian McNamara likes this.
  2. Ruggy

Ruggy Tottenham Hotspur

Credit:
    I feel as if 20% is a big drop so I have voted to leave them.

10% would be more of a reasonable drop.

3. nocky

Credit:
    Fair point

If any option wins we’ll have a vote to see what the drop / cap / process should be

4. nocky

Credit:
    Close but no reduction to GKs. Thanks for the input